Property Ownership Transfer in Turkey: Do you consider purchasing a property in Turkey but dont know the legal procedure ? Our editors explained all phases of a property ownership transfer in simplest terms.
Documents Required for Property Ownership Transfer
- Two pieces of 3 x 4 photos
- Documents to prove residence in the country of origin
- A bank account in a Turkey based bank
- Local tax code
To complete the property ownership transfer process in Turkey and facilitate the transfer of property deed, commonly known as tapu, the following documents are required:
- The original passport and its Turkish translation.
- Two photographs of the new property owner.
- A photograph of the previous property owner.
- A tax and duty settlement sheet obtained from the district municipality, along with the work termination sheet.
- Documentation pertaining to property registration in the Turkish earthquake insurance department.
- Confirmation of the power of attorney issued by the Turkish judicial authorities (if the property is being purchased through a proxy on behalf of the owner or the buyer).
- The presence of an official translator approved by the Turkish Tapu Office.
An appointment must be set with the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre in order to carry out house sales transactions to foreigners. Appointments can be made by cdialing 181 from Turkey and +90 312 593 99 00 from abroad. An online appointment request also can be made through the General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre Land Registry Appointment System. The real estate owner and foreign buyers must be present at the land registry office on the date and time of the appointment.